Foster vs. WA Dept of Ecology
- Friday, May 15, 2015
- King County Courthouse, 516 Third Avenue, Seattle
- 7:30am – 8:00am Rally with plaintiffs outside under the big trees!
- 8:30am Hearing, please arrive early to pass security and to secure seats
- Wear WHITE to show support for climate justice. Respect attire in the courtroom is essential.
Please come and support youth petitioners, Zoe, Stella, Aji, Adonis, Wren, Lara, Gabriel, and Jenny, in their landmark climate change case against the Washington Department of Ecology (Ecology). The young petitioners are appealing the Washington Department of Ecology’s denial of their request that Ecology promulgate a rule that would limit carbon dioxide emissions in Washington according to what scientists say is needed to protect our oceans and climate system.
Ecology has admitted that they:
- Have the legal authority to regulate CO2
- Agree that the current climate science shows devastating impacts on the state’s resources
- Do not dispute that the youth have a fundamental right to live in a healthy environment
But Ecology has refused to take action.
Come support these young people taking bold action on climate! Courtroom seating is limited, so please arrive early to the courthouse.
- For more information and to RSVP contact: Michael Foster, email@example.com
- To learn more about the hearing and outside activities visit the Facebook page: http://tinyurl.com/wahearing
- Please wear WHITE to show your support. Respectful attire in the courthouse is essential.